ESTABLISH AND NAME YOUR OWN PROJECT
1. Contact ACN and provide a description of the project you are interested in initiating. ACN can also provide descriptions of projects that still need sponsorship.
2. ACN will find a regional NGO partner that meets ACN criteria for account transparency and good communication. ACN will then identify the special needs children who would benefit most from your project, and will complete the research to formulate an action plan.
3. ACN will present the action plan and its costs to you. Once you agree to sponsor the project you will need to send the project funds by check or wire transfer to ACN. ACN and its NGO partner will then put your plan into motion.
4. As an ACN Project Partner, you can attend your project’s inaugural ceremony and become the project’s long distance financial manager. ACN and/or its regional NGO partner will assume the responsibility of day-to-day management of the project.
5. ACN will act as an intermediary so you can communicate with those benefiting from your generosity.
Please contact Dr. Klein directly for more information.
REALIZE YOUR DREAM BY ESTABLISHING A PROJECT IN YOUR NAME OR AS A GIFT
Jay Zelaya, of Zelaya Properties and Zelaya Homes in Alexandria, Virginia, has long dreamed of building fully stocked libraries around the world in communities where libraries are not well known. As seen on his company's website (https://www.zelayacompanies.com/about-us/) Jay is a strong believer that "knowledge is power, and bringing knowledge to children in areas with few or no resources will empower change."
Through coordination with ACN and the Ugandan non-profit organization, SDKF, Jay's dream is being realized by funding the construction of the first Jay Zelaya Library in the slums of Kampala. Jay plans on this being the first of many libraries in areas where children often feel isolated and without access to educational resources.
While time constraints, inability to travel, unfamiliarity with a foreign country and its customs, and many additional reasons prevent many people from following through on their dreams, Assisting Children in Need (ACN) is in an excellent position to help you make your dream a reality.